Part 3: Heavy hauling on the Brenner in severe weather
In this cross workshop scenario series you are driving the BR 189 Dispolok with 30 TaschenWagen freight cars, carrying truck trailers, from Munich Ost via Rosenheim to Brennero.
In part 3 you will drive from Fritzens-Wattens to Brennero. The weather is really bad, a huge snowstorm is raging through the Inntal, and on the Brenner. A lot of services have been canceled, and those that are not are struggling to gain traction.
Fortunately after joining another loc, forming a double traction, you also got an extra push loc.
You are gonna need all your skills to get your heavy train in this conditions to Brennero. Delays are to be expected, so keep a good eye on the signals.
Other drivers reported very bad traction on the last part between St. Jodok and Brennero. Good luck!
I found a few unexpected speed drop issues in the route (or I missed something ;-)), which are probably bugs:
1. Half way the Inntal tunnel speed drop (100 -> 80km/h). You can ignore that.
2. You can’t get enough traction? There is a four loc option download available.
- RSSLO – Brennerbahn/Unterinntalbahn Route
- Steam/DTG – Dispolok BR 189 Loco Add-On
- Steam/DTG – Semmeringbahn – Mürzzuschlag to Gloggnitz Route (For rolling stock)
- Steam/DTG – Sdggmrss Taschenwagen Wagon Pack (Marketplace)
- Steam/DTG – ÖBB 4023 ‘Talent’ EMU or RSSLO – Talent ÖBB 4024
- Steam/DTG – European Loco and Asset pack
The free assets are the same as used by the RSSLO scenario’s.
Extra you also need the RAlpin SBB Saadkms.
- ÖBB 1142/ ÖBB 1042
- ÖBB 2068 (KI-Lok)
- ÖBB 1144
- ÖBB 2043
- ÖBB Rnooss
- ÖBB Tadgs
- ÖBB Doppelstockwagen Wiesel
- ÖBB Cityshuttle Wagen
- ÖBB Modularwagen
- E189 – Lockpack incl. ÖBB-Version
- ÖBB Eurofimawagen
- RAlpin SBB Saadkms (The green Télécharger button is the download button)
Name: Intermodal Transport Southbound Part 3
Duration: 60 min.
Difficulty: Hard-Very hard
Weather: Winter – Snowstorm
Download: Download here
Less hard version
Trouble gaining traction, not able to get over the pass?
ÖBB was willing to help out with an extra ÖBB 1116 loc, can you do it with four locs?
Download here: ÖBB helping out.